Tuesday 14 June 2011

Succulent Living Wall





Planted a succulent living wall today--my first attempt. I am using succulents hardy to Zone 3, planting them in an old wooden box with a back and landscape wire covering the top. I mixed the soil myself using approximately 1/3 soil,1/3 perlite and 1/3 coarse sand. I tore apart the succulents and took off all the soil and left a little stem to poke into the wire squares. Made this process easier by using a pair of scissors to move the soil back to where I had put in the succulent stem.
I am leaving my 'wall' laying flat for 3 to 4 weeks until the succulents root and then will be hung without fear....hopefully...of any falling out.
The pictures tell the story.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I just planted a succulent wall a couple weeks ago myself. I am excited to see how yours turns out. May we both succeed stunningly!

Marilyn said...

Would like to see your results. Mine has still not all rooted but doing and looking well. How is yours growing?